Masters in Building Training (MIBT) is fast becoming the provider of choice for existing practitioners and new entrants into the building industry to gain qualifications for contractor licensing across the nation.
MIBT recognises what the building industry wants, requires and needs; we put forward a business model which is inclusive, relevant, attractive and applicable to how the building industry operates with flexible, blended learning options alongside core regulatory, practical and accepted industry requirements.
• Provide flexible and practical assessment processes that meet industry and regulatory requirements.
• Engage industry and individuals alike to ensure consistency and quality of service.
• Ensure that the business model provides income under all economic conditions.
• Continue to develop flexible and practical options for participants.
• Seek additional services to provide a positive learning outcome for participants.
• Demonstrate competitiveness in terms of cost effectiveness and excellence in terms of quality.
• Continuous improvement of products and processes in-line with regulatory authorities.
Who are we
MIBT is a Nationally Registered training provider (# 40666), focussed on providing a service to existing practitioners within and new entrants into the building industry. Our CEO is a current licensed building practitioner (open class) with over 30yrs experience in building and more than 17yrs experience in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, which compliments all out trainers and assessors who are also currently licensed and vastly experienced in their respective vocations.
Activities we undertake to ASQA standards
MIBT delivers qualifications on its scope via a blended, online and onsite pathway, reinforced with third party supervisor reports, to ensure industry requirements are met with learners being able to perform varying tasks, over a period of time, for all types of building classes.
We also undertake a regime of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for existing building practitioners, currently working in the building industry. Our standard is in-line with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, ASQA, various State and Territory funding obligations and various State and Territory licensing regulators.
Who are our target customers
1. Existing building practitioners with a minimum of 2-4 years practical building experience, in-line with licensing requirements, currently working in the building industry, requiring recognition for licensing and in some cases higher qualifications for particular project roles.
2. New entrants into the building industry for apprenticeships and traineeships from certificate III through to Diploma of Building and construction. MIBT currently boast over 469 apprentices and trainees across two states and the ACT.
What is our sustainable competitive advantage
As our team of trainers and assessors are current, licensed building industry practitioners with VET experience in assessing, training and developing programs for the building industry, it suggests a standard of excellence with the outcome being focussed on client needs – qualifications leading to licensing:
MIBT’s additional advantages include but not limited to;
• Broad industry alliances and experience
• Strong relationships with industry-related regulatory bodies
• Flexible, responsive competency-based assessments
• Highly flexible and responsive ability to bring assessments to where it is physically required – on-site
• All Assessors having currency within the building industry
• Blended learning pathways
What are the identifiable workforce training and development needsMIBT understands nationally identified training needs, skills shortages and skill deficiencies through DEEWR funded research. We are aware that there is an increasing percentage of experienced, albeit formally unqualified operators at trade level, particularly in the finishing trades, who distort skill shortage data by operating ‘under the radar’ and that this has the effect of undermining industry initiatives to recognise and address actual and published skill shortages.
What resources does Masters in Building Training have available for assessmentMIBT’s greatest asset is its human capital with in-depth experience and representation across Australia and throughout all sectors of the building industry. In addition we focus on taking our assessments out to where the individuals are working and running their business which ensures accessibility and a reduction in time off the job.
Through our Learner Management System (LMS), MIBT can offer a blended pathway with assessing tools and materials developed and based on government standard documents and customised by current industry practitioners. Their use and effectiveness has been validated through other RTO’s and their ability to pass audit.