MIBT are approved providers of the ACT User Choice funding program. This provides funding for delivery of training to ACT apprentices/trainees and certain full qualification courses, including RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning).
As part of your introduction to the apprenticeship, we have collected information that you are required to know and understand as you enter into a training contract for the qualification of your choice.
All the detail you need to know is covered in MIBT’s ACT Apprentice Handbook – Click this link to download
Further detail can be reviewed by following this link to the ACT User Choice website
, or to speak to a skilled training adviser - Call MIBT Now on 1300 642 457
The following student fees, paid to MIBT, are required for the relevant qualification under the ACT User Choice funded program;
CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction $500
CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying $500
CPC31011 Certificate III in Solid Plastering $500
CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating $500
CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling $500
CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry $500
CPC31411 Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing $500
CPC31511 Certificate III in Formwork/Falsework $500
CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining $500
CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) $500
CPC32612 Certificate III in Roof Plumbing $500
CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) $500
CPC30313 Certificate III in Concreting $500
CPC20112 Certificate II in Construction $500
The fee(s) cover the cost of MIBT's unique blended training model (online, on site, face-to-face). This includes the resources required to complete the qualification, it covers the cost of our support team, workplace assessments and trainer. There are no additional fees for MIBT ACT Australian Apprentices.
To become an ACT User Choice funded apprentice/trainee, the learner is required to complete an eligibility checklist with MIBT. This will determine if you are eligible for funding.
In accordance with the ACT Standards Compliance Guide for Australian Apprenticeships, MIBT may offer a fee concession to eligible Australian Apprentices in certain circumstances. Please discuss this further with the Apprenticeship Manager if you have concerns paying enrolment fees.
To be eligible for a fee concession, at the commencement of training an Australian Apprentice must:
• Hold a current Health Care Card/Pension Card or;
• Can provide genuine hardship to MIBT. If the Australian Apprentice is under the age of 18 years, the parent/guardian may provide the above evidence in their name(s).
Once MIBT have made a decision to apply fee concession to the Australian Apprentice, MIBT must submit the Application for Fee Concession Reimbursement to the ACT Govt for approval.
MIBT will ensure that all students who have been transferred from another RTO to MIBT do not pay the fees for the Australian Apprenticeship qualification.
Fee Exemption will apply in accordance with the Exemption Rules;
• the employer is the RTO for it’s own Australian Apprentice;
• The Australian Apprentice leave one employer and recommences within 12 months with another employer, in the same qualification and with the same RTO; or;
• The Australian Apprentice is required to go to a different RTO as a result of change of RTO process; or
• The student is an ASBA and the school is the RTO.
Now you’ve decided to proceed with MIBT what happens next?
Once you have decided to have MIBT deliver your qualification, the apprentice/trainee and employer will sign a training contract by contacting an Apprenticeship Network provider (Australian Apprenticeship Support Network).
Completion Payment for ACT Apprentices
Upon completion of the Australian Apprenticeship, an ACT Australian Apprentice is eligible to receive a $300 completion payment.
• You are an ACT Australian Apprentice
• Started your apprenticeship or traineeship on or after January 2016
• Successfully completed your apprenticeship or traineeship
• Have not completed more than 50% of your qualification through RPL or Credit Transfer
• Complete a student survey that you will be sent by Training and Territory Education (you must provide an updated email address on your training contract)
This completion payment is only available for up to one (1) year after you complete your apprenticeship/traineeship. Payment will be made electronically to the bank account details nominated by the apprentice/trainee on the survey.